Director of KeyLaboratoryofMolecular Pharmacology
and Drug Evaluation of the Ministry of Education,
Yantai University Key Laboratory of Molecular Pharmacology and Drug Evaluation of the Ministry of Educationseeks a distinguished and internationally-renown scientist and visionary leader to serve as the next Director.
Locatedin one of the most vibrant and historic coastal city of China, Yantai, Yantai University (YTU) was established in 1984 with the support of Peking University and Tsinghua University and is a comprehensive university in Shandong province. In 2012, YTU was selected as one of the first universities to enroll the Shandong Prestigious University Development Project. In 2019, YTU became a university mutually developed by the Department of Education of Shandong Province and Yantai Municipal government. In 2020, YTU was enlisted as a high-level university withDistinctCharacteristics with its pharmacy major awarded the High-quality Distinctive Discipline in Shandong province. In 2012, the university was granted a doctoral program on New Drug Release System for Major Novel Drugs to serve the special needs of the country, and in 2013, YTU began to admit PhD students. The university began to recruit postdoctoral fellows in 2019.
In 2011, the plan of developing the Laboratory of Molecular Pharmacology and Drug Evaluation into a joint-venture key laboratory between the China Ministry of Education and Shandong Province government was approved.In 2015,the laboratory passed the official inspection and was managed as a Key Laboratory of the Ministry of Education. Centering on pharmacology and aiming at developing new drugs for the prevention and treatment of major diseases facing significant public health challenges such as mental and neurological diseases, malignant tumors, cardiovascular and cerebrovascular diseases and inflammatory diseases, the laboratory implements internationally-recognized standards and clinical applications and focuses on pharmacological research and evaluation of innovative drugs as well as the elucidation of molecular mechanisms of traditional Chinese medicine and naturally-derived drugs. The goal of these efforts is to provide technical and scientific support for new drug development and drug clinical study endeavors. Over the years, the laboratory has formed four main research directions, i.e. molecular pharmacology and drug evaluation in cardiovascular and cerebrovascular diseases, mental and nervous system diseases, anti-tumor drugs as well as anti-inflammatory drugs.
1. Organize the formulation and implementation of the Laboratory development plans. Be fully responsible for the daily operation and management of the Laboratory.
2. Cultivate and introduce research direction leaders and young academic backbones, optimize the team structure, and enhance the Laboratory's capability of independent innovation.
3.Promote the cooperation with the government, research institutes, colleges, industries and enterprises, organize the planning and implementation of major research projects, and promote the integration of science and education.
4. Strengthen the international cooperation and exchange, promote international cooperation levels, and expand the academic influence of the Laboratory at home and abroad.
1. Abiding by national laws and regulations, and scientific ethics; adhering to a decent academic style and a rigorous, pragmatic and dedicated attitude, being in good health; having rich experience in laboratory and research management, and possessing the capabilities of organizing, coordinating and integrating resources.
2. Being a leading talent in the field of pharmacy at home and abroad with a high level of competence and potential in academics and innovation; being widely recognized by peers at home and abroad with broad strategic vision and international perspective.
The first employment contract lasts five years. Upon passing of the assessment at the end of the first employment term, the contract renewal and the pay shall be negotiated according to the development goals and tasks of the laboratory with the annual pay not lower than the first term.
Living and Working Conditions
Annual salary system is implemented. The university provides no less than RMB 2 million per year (before tax, negotiable), RMB 3 million of housing subsidies and settling-in allowance, no less than RMB 20 million of funds for scientific research start-up, platform construction and team building and no less than 500 square meters of laboratory and office for team personnel in accordance with the actual needs of the work. Concerns like spouse’ employment and children's schooling will be properly arranged in accordance with the policies of Yantai Municipal Government. Relevant talent introduction policies of the city and the province shall be observed by coordinating with related departments.
Application and Contact
Candidates should provide the following materials:
1. CV (including study and work experience, scientific research projects and achievements, etc.).
2. Summary of major research achievements (within 1500 words, with supporting documents of representative achievements).
3. Preliminary work plan after appointment.
Please send the above materials firstname.lastname@example.org May 31, 2022. We will protect the confidentiality of your application materials and provide timely consulting services.
Contact: Wu Qinglei (吴庆磊) , Personnel Department of YTU
Tel: +86-535-6901218, 15318697750
For more information of the university and the laboratory, please access tohttps://www.ytu.edu.cn/andhttps://pharmlab.ytu.edu.cn
April 5, 2022